NC Department of Instruction School Business Systems Modernization Program Office
The School Business Systems Modernization program will focus on providing timely and transparent data from scalable systems on modern infrastructure, while providing intuitive systems and software that improve process efficiency and consistency and allows users the flexibility to retain their uniqueness and autonomy.
- Some specific goals of school Business System Modernization (BSM) include:
- Enable near real-time position visibility and control
- Provide data management and advanced analytics for decision support
- Replace discontinued and obsolete systems
- Simplify monitoring and compliance
- Eliminate unnecessary duplication
- Increase efficiency of operations
The School Business Systems Modernization Program Office includes:
- Dr. Michael R. Spano, Program Director of School Business Systems Modernization
- Quentin Parker, Deputy Program Director of School Business Systems Modernization
- Joel Leeper, Program Manager of School Business Systems Modernization
- Tammy Bailey, Program Manager of Agency Finance Modernization
Infrastructure Research Lab at the Friday Institute
The NC State Board of Education in collaboration with the William and Ida Friday Institute for Education Innovation at NC State University have provided a report to the NC Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee.
The report was prepared by the staff of the Technology Infrastructure Research Lab at the Friday Institute with feedback from NC Department of Public Instruction and Local Education Agencies across the state.
The Technology Infrastructure Research Lab includes: